Small- to Medium-Sized Businesses Need an Answering Service – Here’s Why
As the owner of a small- or medium-sized business, your time is especially valuable. You are likely doing more than one job all day, every day, and may find that answering the calls that come into your business is your last priority. But answering these calls should be your priority, and there are several reasons why this is true.
Consider the following:
- Most business is still conducted by phone.
It may surprise you to know that most business is still conducted over the phone (80%) and that most people who contact businesses will not call back if their call is not answered (85%).
- People trust businesses that they can contact when they need them.
Companies that are hard to contact are last on a consumer’s list to call when they need products or services.
- Calls from customers are often at the core of the customer experience. Not answering their calls often sends business to your competitors.
Research from Harris Interactive has shown that 89% of US adults who have stopped doing business with a company due to a poor customer experience began doing business with a competitor.
- After a poor customer experience, such as being unable to reach a company, many consumers will post on social media about their experience. This discourages others from contacting your company.
Harris Interactive found that, after a poor customer experience, more than 25% of US adults expressed frustration by posting a negative comment on a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, message boards, forums).
- The amount of money companies lose every year due to unanswered calls is staggering.
Industry estimates are that companies lose nearly $50 million due to unanswered calls every year.
- Your company’s customer experience matters.
When Harris Interactive asked specifically how companies can better engage with the consumer to encourage them to spend more, 54% said to improve the overall customer experience. Also, about 86% said they are willing to pay more to work with a company that offers a great customer experience.
Your business can reap the profits of offering a great customer experience when you never miss a call using Intercept of Florida’s professional answering services. More than ever before, it’s important to find ways to help your business distinguish itself from competitors. With a wide array of services available, we are confident we can help you. At Intercept of Florida, we take your calls so you can focus on your business. Contact us today to discuss ways we can help your business grow in 2021!